Responsible Dog Owner (RDO)
PREVENTION IS THE KEY
Thanks for being here!
The purpose of this course is to create better dog owners by teaching the essential skills needed to raise the right puppy for the right home.
Our ambitious long-term goal for this course is to dramatically lower the amount of dog's being re-homed through awareness and training.
The course will be perfect for:
- Those preparing to get a puppy
- People considering a rescue dog
- Family’s wanting to get everyone on board
- Rescue volunteers and foster carers
The essential skills you'll be learning:
| Health & Feeding
- Nutrition, diet, vet checks, vaccinations, feeding quantities, different food brands, picking the most suitable food for your dog.
| Anti-Destruction & Management
- Routine, management, techniques for preventing destruction, predict your puppies behaviour, redirect bad behaviours, Q&A, FAQ’s.
| Breed & Temperament Selection
- Things to look out for in breeders and parents of the puppy
- Understanding breeds and their traits
- Select a temperament within this breed for your needs
- Preventable dog owner horror stories from our industry experts
| Welcoming Your Puppy
- Things you should be working on the day the dog comes home
- Understanding the psychology of your new dog
- Reasons why your dog does what they do
- Communicate and train behaviours
- Correct socialisation strategies and crucial mistakes to avoid
- Build the foundations of your training system at home
| Methods of Training
- Similarities and differences between dog’s and humans
- The 4 ways to train a dog
- Deep explanation of 1 of the 4 ways you can train complex skills
- Learn to breakdown and make any task easy for your dog
- Leave inspired and confident in the new understanding you’ll have of raising your puppy!
The cost of this course will be $250.
Thanks for reading, and I look forward to meeting you if you decide to make raising your puppy or homing a rescue easier than it has to be.
- Ryan King
Join the Waiting List